Thursday, October 05, 2006

After months of fighting the urge, I finally gave in and bought a pair of Crocs. You know, those hideously ugly rubber shoes that everybody seems to running around in. I've only had them for about an hour, but I gotta admit, they're pretty comfortable. Plus, if I get sick of them in a week or so, my wife has pretty much the same shoe size as me, so I might re-gift them.

The guys at Cleve's swore by them, and they looked sane enough, so why not. Only 35 bucks. One of my little girls has a pair, and she decorates them with all sorts of little pins or some such crap. Buddy at the register asked if I wanted some for mine. I think he was joking. There was still a little awkward silence before I politely declined. Christ, I HOPE he was joking.

If you've been waiting for the whole Crocs craze to die, I think you may get your wish. As soon as I buy something, that's a signal that it has completely gone out of style. I could actually hear, as the register was ringing , the sound of a trend coming to a screeching halt. I have that effect on the world.

I recall eating Greek salad at Pizza Hut in New Minas years ago. I was hopelessly addicted. Day in, day out. One day I come in to find that they've completely taken it off the menu. Same thing happened with a great Mexican dish at one of my favourite restaurants, and I'm sure I've singlehandedly killed off at least three brands of beer.

So, if you're a Stella Artois fan like me, enjoy it while you can!