Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I think I'll just change the name of this blog to 'Cool Crap Tom Found on YouTube'. I had heard about this little nugget, Hunter S. Thompson interviewing Keith Richards, but I'd never seen it. I've heard the actual uncut interview runs about 11 hours, but this bit has around ten minutes, so you get the idea.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5777729312239777911&q=keith+richards&hl=en

And, no, there are no subtitles, unfortunately.

Then there's this one...a BOMBED Bob Dylan in the back of a cab with John Lennon circa 1965...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZkfAl4PHG8E&mode=related&search=

I really have to get out of the house more often.

We're working on getting an interview with Little Steven Van Zant. He's the guitar guy in the E Street Band, Silvio on The Sopranos, and host of Little Steven's Underground Garage, Sunday nights on the Q. I asked him a couple of years ago if he had the coolest job in the world, and he replied 'I have the coolest THREE jobs in the world!' Nice fella, and a terrific interview.

We were working on an interview with Bob Seger about his new CD, but it fell through. Never did like Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, anyway. Too many beards.