Tuesday, July 11, 2006

First update in a few days here, between vacation and hosting the morning show for a couple of days, time (and brain cells) are in short supply! It's always a hell of a lot of fun filling in for BJ, but I'd be a lot happier if they'd move the show to...noon, maybe?

It's a fine week for concerts in Metro...the highlight for me will be Wilco at Alderney Landing tomorrow night. I've been a fan since AM in 1995. Live will be here Sunday night...they were here for a Canada Day show on Citadel Hill a few years back. AAAAAAAANNNDDDDD...the Stones rumour won't go away.

I've actually heard people say "Aaaaawww, man, The Stones were just at Magnetic Hill last year, couldn't we get somebody else?"

I've lived in the Maritimes all my life, and we've always complained that we never get concerts. Now we're in the position where we're getting uppity that the Stones are coming here too often? Dude!

A listener, Todd, from Bedford, e-mailed this great Paul Anka clip to me at tom@q104.ca

I'd love to use sometning like this on the air, but didn't for obvious reasons. The language gets a bit salty, so watch it...

http://www.noisetank.com/integrity/

Actually it sounds like me if my pre-show martini isn't ice cold!