Tuesday, June 27, 2006





Got this from a listener yesterday...

Hi Tom,

I was just wondering if you've heard any rumours about Magnetic Hill Labour Day weekend concert event. Is there anything happening there?


Thanks,

Scott

Hey Scott...

A few rumours, abut nothing concrete. The big names that were being thrown around at first were McCartney or U2, but neither of them are touring, so that's out. I heard Tom Petty mentioned, but looking at his tour dates, I don't see how that could work.

I've spoken with a couple of HRM councillors recently, and believe it or not, it looks like they're still trying to get the Stones to play on the Commons.

The band finishes up their European tour at the end of September, and that's what they're shooting for here in Halifax. Personally, I don't see it happening, but what do I know? The Pope was here in '84, so a large crowd could be managed. The entire area around the Commons would have to be shut down one way or another, but we've done that for Grand Prix weekend. And, there's always Shearwater, right?

Aerosmith and Motley Crue are touring together starting in early September, so that's a possibility too, I guess...

Unfortunately, after seeing the Stones last fall, and the way it all came off without a hitch, I think there's be nowhere to go but down!